NorthStar VETS Video
The branch of veterinary medicine dedicated to the physiology and pathology of male and female reproductive systems is called theriogenology (there-e-oh-jehn-ology) in laymans terms: Animal Reproduction. You must be thinking...they have a special doctor to help animals mate?
And the answer is yes!
Theriogenologists are veterinarians with advanced training in animal reproduction and obstetrics. Most are board-certified by the American College of Theriogenologists. Their field of expertise includes reproductive physiology and pathology of male and female reproduction. Our theriogenology department is dedicated to solve reproductive problems including obstetrics, gynecology and andrology.
Our board certified theriogenologist provides a wide range of reproductive services such as:
At NorthStar VETS, we strive to provide our patients with the finest practitioners, modern technology, exceptional customer service and optimal health care. When thinking about your pet's reproductive options, consider contacting NorthStar VETS and our reproductive specialist.
- Breeding soundness exams for dogs and cats.
- Male reproductive exams include semen motility, morphology and preparation for artificial insemination.
- Fresh chilled semen preparation for artificial insemination.
- Canine Frozen Semen Services: Routine canine semen freezing and storage.
- Surgical and standard artificial insemination
- Female reproductive exams are done to monitor heat and determine the best breeding time as well as for infertility cases and breeding challenges.
- Ovulation Timing: Quantitative progesterone testing with 24 hours turnaround. Semi quantitative results are available on the same day results.
- Medical and surgical management of reproductive disorders: Medical treatment of pyometra (allowing for future) breeding and medical mis-mating management.
- Pregnancy examination with blood, ultrasound or X-ray
- Testicular and Uterine Biopsy
- Prostatic Disease – Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relaxin testing (blood test for pregnancy)
- Progesterone testing
- Brucellosis Testing
- Transcervical Insemination