NorthStar VETS Video
Rehabilitation & Pain Management
Stem Cell Therapy |
Laser Therapy |
Physical Rehabilitation is an emerging field in veterinary medicine which has become very important in providing our companions the best opportunity to improve their quality of life. If your pet experiences medical conditions such as osteoarthritis, intervertebral disc disease, fibrocartilagenous embolism, orthopedic surgeries, soft tissue injuries, obesity or increasing difficulty with daily activities, your pet could greatly benefit from early rehabilitative care. We also work with healthy, active dogs who regularly participate in agility events in order to improve endurance, coordination, flexibility and strength.
At NorthStar VETS, our mission is to provide rehabilitative services for your pet provided by a team of veterinarians who are have undergone advanced study and are certified in canine rehabilitation (CCRT or CCRP). Our comprehensive approach allows us to factor in all pieces of the rehabilitation equation by looking at medical history, current problems, lifestyle, body condition, supplements, medication and owner goals in order to develop an individualized treatment program that will best meet the needs of your pet.
Goals of Physical Rehabilitation may include:
Our experts in Physical Rehabilitation use the same equipment and techniques utilized in human physical therapy centers such as:
- Improving joint range of motion
- Improving muscular strength and coordination
- Facilitating and accelerating your pets functional recovery from surgery
- Decreasing swelling and pain management
- Promoting physical and mental well being
- Improving quality of life
- Reducing the risk of injury due to deconditioning and repetitive movement in our canine athletes
- Weight loss
- Functional training
- Fitness and conditioning
Our veterinary rehabilitation service will work in conjunction with our specialists, as well as with your regular veterinarian to provide advanced care and rehabilitation for your pet.
- Hydrotherapy (underwater treadmill)
- Therapeutic laser therapy
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Electrical stimulation modalities (NMES,TENS)
- Manual therapy (massage, stretching, joint and/or soft tissue mobilization)
- Therapeutic exercise for improving range of motion, strength and balance
- Thermotherapy (heat and ice)
In addition to Physical Rehabilitation, NorthStar VETS, also offers other complementary rehabilitative and pain management services like Acupuncture and Stem Cell Therapy.