NorthStar VETS Video
If you are the kind of animal lover we suspect you are, your pet likely brings out the best in you and provides an endless capacity for love. There is nothing like that special bond.
To exude all that love, you will probably find it interesting that the average pet's heart beats between 70-120 times per minute. That is over 3.5 billion times during their lifetime.
Unfortunately, a capacity for love does not protect your pet from diseases affecting the heart. Our cardiology department specializes in diseases affecting the heart and lungs. And since keeping your pet's heart healthy starts with education and awareness, we offer the following services to ensure the best quality of life for your companion:
Diagnosis and management of:
- Cardiac consultation
- Heart murmur evaluation
- Pre-adriamycin evaluation
- Pre-I131 hyperthyroid treatment evaluation
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired cardiac disease
- Thoracic and cardiac echocardiography (ultrasounds)
- Diagnosis of thoracic and pericardial neoplasia
- Removal of fluid from the thorax (pleurocentesis), the abdomen (abdominocentesis) and the pericardium (pericardicentesis)
- Electocardiogram interpretation (ECGs)
When you come to NorthStar VETS, you can expect our team to treat your pet as our very own, with compassion and care. Our doctors and staff provide the professional expertise required to perform the procedures necessary to enhance and maintain the quality of your pet's life.
- Congestive heart failure
- Pericardial and pleural space disease and neoplasia
- Pulmonary Disease
- Congenital cardiac disease (patent ductus arteriosus, pulmonic stenosis, aortic stenosis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy)
- Acquired cardiac disease (valvular insufficiency, dilated cardiomyopathy, muscles disorders, pericardial disease)